Bonnywood Manor has nominated me for the The Liebster Award, and I thank him for the thought (I think). This award comes with a few strings attached, the first being that you have to expose yourself. Although the exposure is not a physical undressing, it does require me to emotionally disrobe in front of all these faceless and nameless people who are in blogland.
Then I have to ask 11 other bloggers to strip down in order for readers to decide if they like your nakedness, thus wanting to follow you.
Is this some form of dating that I’m not aware of?
The first step is to display the Liebster Award badge. Wait for it…
Pretty impressive, wouldn’t you say?
1. Write a post to show your award. Done
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself. See Below
3. Answer the 11 questions you were asked by the person who nominated you. Again, read on.
4. Thank whoever nominated you (Done), and provide a link to their blog: https://lageose.wordpress.com/2016/02/07/im-about-to-expose-myself-in-public-and-i-want-others-to-join-me/ (Done)
5. Select the 11 other blogs you want to give the award to and have them answer 11 questions. Working on it, but check below to see if I came up with 11.
- I like to laugh…it expands my lungs for better breathing
- I like to cry…it clears the tear ducts for better seeing
- I know squat about training my doglets
- In fact, I know squat about most things
- I love to listen to Peter and the Wolf with the narrative
- I don’t like sushi…but I know squat about that too since I’ve never tried it
- I can eat my weight in white rice and watermelon
- I am seldom at a loss for words
- I like living alone with only my doglets to feed
- Cooking is not a priority
- My younger sister is my best friend
The Questions and Answers
1. Do you spend a lot of time editing a post, or do you simply bang it out and think “well, that should do it”? I don’t spend a great deal of time editing except as I go. Then I reread it once or twice to check spelling, flow, etc. then send it on its way. I don’t consider my posts a manuscript that requires perfection.
2. Do you get anxious when you get a notification that someone has made a comment on one of your posts, wondering if this person liked it or if they said something that cuts? I have never worried about getting negative feedback, until you mentioned it. It never occurred to me that someone would be ugly and not like my prose!
3. What actor/actress would portray you in a Lifetime movie about that time you did something you shouldn’t have? Sally Field.
4. Have you ever deleted a post, thinking maybe you shouldn’t have said what you did? I haven’t deleted one, but I do have one in my ‘draft’ folder.
5. (This one has a multi-part answer, brace yourself.) Do you spend a lot of time figuring out what tags you should use with a post? No. Does it annoy you when you see another writer’s post that has 472 tags, indicating they are trying to hit every demographic on the planet even though their post doesn’t address 471 of those tags? Yes.
6. How many incomplete posts do you have in the “maybe I’ll finish this later” folder on your hard drive? Only about 4.
7. Have you ever participated in one of those “post your work and let others critique it” sites, such as Niume, Scriggler and Writer’s Beat? If so, was it helpful or soul-damaging? Nope. I’ve never heard of any of those sites, and I’m happy without critiques.
8. Have you never been mellow? Mellow? What is mellow? I have been mellow during great periods of my life once I realized there was such a state of being.
9. If you were stranded on a deserted island, would you rather have a Kindle (assuming the island has Wi-Fi) or an endless supply of paper and pencils? Do I have to choose? I would want to play games on my Kindle (when I tire of reading), but I Have to write.
10. Are there any authors whose next book you would buy without any hesitation? Leon Uris
11. Are you happy? 99% of the time.
The Nominated 11
Trust me when I say: they are in no order, they do not have to participate, some of these folks are followers and some followees, if they are no challenge blogs, my apologies.
- How long have you been blogging?
- How has your blogging changed (style, content, etc.)?
- Aside from your own, what blog do you always open first?
- Do you search tags often?
- How often do you post to your blog?
- Do you think fewer blogs mean fewer followers?
- What techniques have you used to ‘jump start’ your blog?
- How do you use social media in promoting your blog?
- What is the age demographics of your followers (or can you tell)?
- Do your family members follow your blog?
- What differences do you find with younger bloggers vs. senior bloggers?