It has been a year of socializing, learning, fretting, writing, and growing all in the name of blogging.
I’m not certain I had any expectations when I began this jaunt, except to write consistently and, hopefully, cleverly. I can say that the consistent part I got, the clever part may be a bit thin, but hey, I’m still at it.
I’ve found some things out about myself, that I either didn’t know, didn’t want to know, or had ignored for lo these many years.
1. I had no idea blogging would consume my days. Who would have thought that I could spend hours reading what other’s have on their minds and writing on what apparently what was on my mind.
2. It was a revelation that I could make new friends online in a more meaningful way than what other venues of social media offer.
3. Learning has never been a really strong point in my life, but I feel as though I have been through a crash course on muddling through how to develop a blog. I’ve taken Blogging U 101 twice (maybe 3 times), Blogging U 201 once, Intermediate Blogging, and have made numerous trips to the Community Forum for help and assistance. I still am stumped by some things, but I’ll continue to ask for divine intervention from my fellow bloggers in order to get something on the page and sent out in a readable form.
4. I had no clue that I had so much verbiage that needed to be expressed built up inside of me…but, gee, 335(plus or minus) posts in 365 days points to a pathological need to get words off my soul and into someone else’s play ground.
5. It is safe to say that I have grown as a writer this year, and I am eternally grateful for you folks who have chosen to read my ‘stuff’, share your brilliance, comment on my attempts to communicate, and remind me that we all are in this world together doing our best to expand our horizons and spreading joy and love to all.
Thank you for making this a terrific journey. I appreciate your patience, your laughter, your tears, and your caring.